2019 No Kid Hungry Job Post
No child should grow up hungry in America, but one in five children struggles with hunger. That’s more than 16 million kids. Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign is ending childhood hunger in this nation by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day.
By connecting kids in need with nutritious food, the No Kid Hungry campaign surrounds children with healthy food where they live, learn and play.
We’re ending childhood hunger by connecting kids to effective nutrition programs like school breakfast and summer meals. This work is accomplished through the No Kid Hungry network, made up of private citizens, public officials, nonprofits, business leaders and others providing innovative hunger solutions in their communities. These public-private partnerships work together to identify and eliminate the barriers that may prevent children from accessing existing food and nutrition resources.
Through the support of the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation, Share Our Strength has created a program to involve college-aged Youth Ambassadors in the fight against childhood hunger by working with one of our state No Kid Hungry community partners.
For the 2019 program, Hunger Task Force will host one (1) Youth Ambassador working on initiatives related to school breakfast and potentially other Federal Child Nutrition programs (after-school meals, Summer Meals, etc.).
Fill out the online form and include a resume and cover letter. Please apply online HERE.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- School Meal Program On-Site Observation (50%)
- Social Media, Outreach and Meetings (20%)
- Research, Reflection, Evaluation and Reporting (30%)
- The Youth Ambassador will spend time on site, participating in organized recreational play, meal service, and interaction with meal recipients
- The Youth Ambassador will support social media and produce quality content to post on social media platforms
- The Youth Ambassador will prepare evaluation reports to express day-to-day observations for the program
- The Youth Ambassador will be responsible for researching demographics, social issues, nutrition programs, effects of food quality and access to food.
No Kid Hungry seeks enthusiastic college students to join our program as Youth Ambassadors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A great attitude and willingness to work on all kinds of projects
- Interest in hunger issues
- Commitment to working with diverse communities
- Reliability, responsibility, and a good work ethic
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with social media
- Daily access to a car and mobile phone required and use of personal laptop is preferred.
Youth Ambassadors will receive a stipend for their work.
- The NKH Youth Ambassador position is for the Fall and Spring semesters
- The Youth Ambassador stipend for the full term is $3000 (each) for 300 hours – students are expected to complete 150 hours over 10 weeks each semester
- Youth ambassadors typically work 10-15 hours a week depending on their schedule
Applications are due September 20, 2019.
Youth Ambassadors will report to a national No Kid Hungry staff member, and a local staff member. Ambassadors will participate in weekly conference calls, complete a weekly report, and attend an in-person training session prior to the start of work.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://nokidhungry.org/youth-ambassadors.
For this position, do not send resumes or application information to email@example.com.
To view our non-discrimination statement, click here.