The Route Representative/Delivery Driver loads, transports and unloads food orders to local and regional distribution sites. Works closely with site staff and community volunteers; creates receipts and maintains delivery documentation; adheres to all safety protocols.
Send your resume and letter of interest to [email protected].
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent quality client and internal/external customer
- Represent the agency in a positive
- Load, transport, and deliver food to sites per established routes and
- Monitor storage and distribution at program sites. Verify amounts received/issued are been properly
- Ensure that all food is handled and stored
- Inventory Management: Must be able to operate scanning/bar codes equipment so that pallets can be properly identified into the perpetual inventory system. Maintain established inventory
- Load/unload commercial trailers: Unload Must be able to properly place pallets to avoid damage.
- Builds and palletizes food orders as
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly
- Document services rendered by completing necessary paperwork and maintaining a delivery
- Operate vehicles and agency equipment safely. Maintain equipment and
- Support volunteer staff at assigned
- Perform other duties as needed
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License required. Forklift Certification preferred. CDL preferred. Successful candidates can receive forklift certification through on the job training.
Knowledge of standards of safe food handling, storage & distribution. Knowledge of occupational and safety standards. Knowledge of highways and roads of Milwaukee County.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
$17.98/hr – $27.02/hr. + Competitive benefits package for full time positions