No Kid Hungry Youth Ambassador
Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign has created a program to involve college-aged Youth Ambassadors in the fight against childhood hunger by working with one of our community partners. For the summer program, Hunger Task Force will host one (1) Youth Ambassador or to work on initiatives related to the alleviation of childhood hunger.
Youth Ambassadors will receive a monthly stipend paid over three months. The program starts on May 20 and ends in August 11, 2023. Youth Ambassadors will report to a national No Kid Hungry staff member, and a Hunger Task Force member. Ambassadors will participate in weekly conference calls, complete a weekly report and attend online training sessions throughout their term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Youth Ambassador (YA) will spend most time on site at emergency food programs, such as pantries or soup kitchens, to conduct direct outreach to generate awareness for the summer meal program.
- The YA will participate in organized recreational play, meal service and interaction with meal and pantry recipients.
- The YA will gather feedback and data through time spent at emergency food sites to identify and analyze demographics, social issues, nutrition programs, effects of food quality and access to food.
- The YA will assist in coordinating day-to-day activities to support the Milwaukee Summer Meal Program
- The YA will collect stories from families with lived experience to identify barriers to food access in the summer months.