Farm Hand (Part-time Seasonal)
Hunger Task Force operates a 208-acre Farm in Franklin, Wisconsin. The Farm is the only urban farm in the state that grows fresh fruits and vegetables for the express purpose of feeding the hungry and hosts a variety of one-of-a-kind programs that benefit our community. The Farm is home to 100 acres of tillable land, an on-site fish hatchery, a 43-acre Oak Savanna, 32-acre wetland, 35-acre prairie, and a unique child nutrition education program which includes a quarter-acre school garden.
Farm Hands assist with planting, maintenance and harvesting of vegetable and fruit crops at the Hunger Task Force Farm in Franklin, Wisconsin. This part-time, seasonal position works in the greenhouse, fields and orchards and operates trucks, tractors, other equipment needed to cultivate and plant fields and orchards; irrigate crops, control weeds and harvest produce.
Send your resume and cover letter that describes your interested and relevant work experience to [email protected].
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick, cut, or pull fruits and vegetables to harvest crop
- Propagate, plant and transplant vegetable crops according to the Farm Plan
- Lead and direct volunteer groups in greenhouse, orchards, and fields
- Demonstrate and explain farm work techniques and safety regulations to volunteers
- Install irrigation systems and irrigates fields
- Assists in the maintenance of fruit orchard.
- Other duties as assigned
Salary Range: $17/hour – (Potential for more dependent on experience)