Beef and Broccoli
This recipe is full of lean, animal-based protein, fiber, and several key vitamins and minerals to keep you feeling healthy and energized.
- 1 large skillet
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, or other whole grain of choice
- Brown beef with ginger and garlic powder in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch, oil, pepper flakes, and water.
- Add sauce to beef and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until tender.
- Serve beef and broccoli over cooked brown rice or other whole grain of choice.
- Enjoy immediately, and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- You can make this recipe with any ground meat, baked tofu, or even beans, but you may have to adjust cooking times and sauce ratios.
- You can also make this recipe with other hearty vegetables, like cauliflower, carrots, or leeks.