Cherry Oat Crumble
This old-fashioned Cherry Oat Crumble is what summer dessert dreams are made of! Loaded with your choice of sweet or tart cherries, with a toasty crumble on top, this quick and easy recipe will have everyone in the mood for some dessert!
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 8x8 baking dish
- measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- spoon or spatula
- microwave-safe dish
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped and pitted cherries fresh, frozen or canned
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted margarine or butter
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and cornstarch together. Add the cherries and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the fruit into the 8x8in baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, oats and brown sugar. Add the melted butter and stir until the texture is coarse with some clumps.
- Sprinkle the oat topping over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the juices are bubbling and the oat topping is golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
No tart cherries? Use another fruit such as blueberries or chopped apricots, peaches or plums. Reduce the sugar added to the cornstarch (in step 2) to 1 or 2 tablespoons.