Chicken with Crunchy Apple Salsa
Get your fix of lean protein from chicken breast topped with a sweet and spicy apple salsa.
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Small bowl
- 1 Meat thermometer
- 1 Knife
- 1 cutting board
- 2 apples chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or ground cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine apple juice, lime zest, salt, and pepper. Cut chicken breasts in half and add to bowl, turning to ensure they are coated.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine apples, pepper flakes, onion, and lime juice in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and drain marinade. Cook chicken with your preferred cooking method, ensuring it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
- Serve topped with crunchy apple salsa. Store leftovers in fridge within two hours and eat within four days.