Chickpea Corn Chowder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced into small cubes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas rinsed and drained
- green onions or chives chopped (for garnish)
- In a large pot, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add garlic and onion. Cook until onion is tender and almost translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover pot, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Scoop out about 2 cups of mixture and puree until smooth (use a blender or fork). Return puree back into the pot.
- Add half and half, corn, and chickpeas. Return to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes until chickpeas are warmed throughout. (If using frozen corn, heat until corn is cooked). Season with additional salt and pepper, as needed. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve warm.