Salmon Salad with Tahini Dressing
Healthy eating doesn't have to break the bank. This salmon salad is high in vitamin D, protein and fiber and makes a great side or main entrée.
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup tahini *can substitute hummus for tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 oz. chopped greens of choice (spinach, kale, etc.)
- 15 oz. cannellini beans
- 6 oz. canned or fresh salmon
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled *can substitute cheese of choice
- Make the dressing first by whisking together all of the herbs and spices, including the salt, with the tahini, warm water and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Chop the greens to desired size, and place in a large bowl.
- Dice the bell pepper and add to the greens.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, and drain canned salmon. Add both to the bowl.
- Add the crumbled feta to the salad mix.
- If eating right away, add the dressing to the salad mix and toss until well incorporated. If saving for later, wait to add the dressing until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.