Save money and reduce added sugars by making your own granola in a skillet! This granola is made with oats, a whole grain with lots of fiber.
- 1 large skillet
- 1 spatula or wooden spoon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp honey, maple syrup or brown sugar
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or other chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins or other unsweetened dried fruit
- 1/4 cup powdered milk (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oil and honey in a large skillet over medium heat. Add powdered milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in oats and sunflower seeds, and continue stirring until oats begin to brown.
- Turn off heat and stir in raisins.
- Allow to cool. Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Enjoy this granola with low-fat yogurt or milk, or eat it as is for an easy, on-the-go snack!