Split Pea Salad
- ½ cup dry split peas (green, yellow or a mix)
- 1½ cup water or broth any flavor
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- In a small saucepan, combine split peas and water or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until just tender but still holding their shape, 20 minutes. Drain if needed. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked split peas, onion, tomatoes and parsley. Add the dressing and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.