This sweet and savory muffin makes an energized snack or breakfast addition. A great combination of fruits and vegetables loaded with fiber to keep you full and satisfied.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg,eggs, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Fold in carrots and apples. Add nuts and chocolate chips if desired.
- Scoop into 12 regular-sized greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean