Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2½ cup sweet potatoes diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
Flavorful Beans (optional ingredients to add to beans)
- 2 tbsp neutral cooking oil (grapeseed or canola)
- ½ medium yellow onion diced (about ½ cup diced)
- ½ tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- Avocado sliced or chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro minced
- 1 lime juiced
- Cojita or feta cheese
- Chopped tomatoes or jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Toss sweet potatoes with the olive oil, chili powder, cumin and paprika until evenly coated.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, add the black beans to a small saucepan over low heat to warm. Flavor with fresh lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin.
- If choosing to prepare flavorful beans: While the sweet potatoes roast, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sauté until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño, and sauté 2 minutes more. Fold in beans.
- To assemble the tacos, place the sweet potato mixture into the tortillas of your choice, layer with beans and top with avocado, fresh lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapenos and/or cotija cheese.
- Add additional toppings, as desired.