Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash (2 to 3 pound) peeled and seeded
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- nutmeg to taste
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. (If you do not have a blender, mash the cooked squash with a fork.) Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!