More About Donating
Gifts of Stock
You can donate gifts of stock, mutual funds, and other securities and property to Hunger Task Force. These gifts are tax deductible to donors who itemize gifts on their taxes.
To avoid any taxes on the gain in these securities, follow these instructions.
- Contact Hunger Task Force at (414) 238-6476 to notify us that you will be making a stock donation.
- Contact Hunger Task Force’s Morgan Stanley representative at (262) 241-1950 to make said donation.
- To help make the process as smooth as possible, here is the information you will need
- Morgan Stanley’s DTC number is 0015
- Hunger Task Force’s account number is 268-023188-0-012
- Hunger Task Force’s tax ID number is 39-1345847
- Morgan Stanley will send a letter or email to Hunger Task Force regarding the gift and an acknowledgement of the gift will be mailed to the donor.
New IRA Rollover Bill
The House has just renewed and made permanent the IRA Charitable Rollover bill. This bill applies to individuals that are 70-1/2 years and older, and allows them to make a direct transfer of up to $100,000 per person from a traditional IRA to benefit qualified 501(C)(3) charities without recognizing the income on a tax return. This legislation was made retroactive to Jan. 1, 2015.
Please note that Wisconsin does not recognize the federal IRA charitable rollover rules; therefore, an IRA charitable rollover will not receive beneficial Wisconsin state income tax treatment under current law.
This legislation is part of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015.
For more information, call Jonathan Hansen, Development Director, at (414) 238-6476 or email jonathan(at)hungertaskforce.org.